Petrotan Oil B.V. not only provides bunkering, but also offers a dedicated team of professional and experienced employees for your service. We deliver first-class quality, flexibility, timing and safe operation – and place a strong emphasis on developing close and long-term business relationships.
Bunkering seagoing vessels
The bunker ports of choice for global shipping
Each year, about 14 million tonnes of fuel oil, 400,000 tonnes of marine gasoil and 135,000 tonnes of lubrication oil are bunkered by seagoing ships in Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Yet, this is more than just a reflection of the ports’ size and traffic, but a choice which shipowners often make even when their ship's European rotation includes a range of other ports.
Rotterdam and Amsterdam have become bunker ports of choice for a number of reasons, not least that of price. Rotterdam prides itself on offering the lowest bunker prices in the world, both for fuel oil and marine gasoil, and remains firmly anchored in its position among the word's top three bunkering ports. Many container ships plan their refuelling in Rotterdam for their entire Europe-Asia-Europe round trip.
The Dutch ports' unmatched bunkering position stems from and is supported by a unique combination of factors, in which Rotterdam in particular is a world leader.
- A virtually endless supply of fuel oil, gasoil and lubricants – any grade of all three products – thanks to Rotterdam's complex of refineries, the largest in the world.
- Established additional overseas imports, including fuel oil from Russia. Product quality constantly monitored for compliance with the highest standards.
- Abundant tank storage capacity, with oil majors and independent storage terminals operating their own facilities at both Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- An extensive, versatile and sophisticated bunker industry, including more than twenty independent private suppliers – twelve in Rotterdam alone. This has created a highly competitive local market which guarantees both price and service.
- Trained staff manning a new, modern fleet, boasting the world’s most advanced double-hull tankers, ensuring both safe and speedy operation.
- The possibility of bunkering during cargo operation almost anywhere, and even dedicated public deep water board/board mooring facilities (Rotterdam).
The Dutch ports offer the best bunker prices worldwide, thanks to the combination of the above factors, plus the sheer volume of bunker sales at these two Dutch ports. Petrotan Oil B.V, the Dutch association of independent fuel suppliers, includes the majority of Holland’s independent, private-sector bunker suppliers. The organisation speaks for members' interests, but also polices members' adherence to agreed quality benchmarks, keeping the sector clean and keeping the sector ahead of its competition.
Bunkering by truck, ex pipe and by bargeIn Denmark, we cover all ports with all grades of bunkers via the highest standard of tank trucks. At Europoort and Boltek Port of Rotterdam where we also offer ex-pipe solutions. Our storage facilities at the Port of Aarhus, Port of Copenhagen and the Port of Fuglefjord provide us with an ideal position to service our clients at short notice. We perform high sea bunkering with stern-line and a highly skilled and experienced crew. Our permanent offshore setup in the area secures high operating flexibility and a short delivery time to your benefit.
Hedging solutionsPetrotan Oil Supply offers different hedging solutions, including access to forward fixing of prices. We remove your price exposure by offering contracts based on Platts quotations, fixed price and trigger pricing. Furthermore, we provide our expertise regarding pricing tools to match customer needs.
Please contact Petrotan Oil for flexible and reliable bunkering supplies by truck, ex pipe and by barge: firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 10 669-0422.